Baseball America Prospect Report – June 12, 2018
• Edmundo Sosa, SS, Cardinals. Sosa was the start of the night, as he hit a pair of solo home runs as part of a 4-for-5 day. Sosa's seven home runs ties his career high.
• Alex Wells, RHP, Orioles. The Orioles control maestro was in fine form on Monday. Wells has not been as fine with his control so far this season, but he was dominant yesterday as he threw eight scoreless innings, allowing three hits and no walks while striking out nine. Wells needed only 85 pitches over his eight innings.
• Jo Adell, OF, Angels. Adell is quickly catching up to the California League. Adell went 3-for-5 with a home run, walk and stolen base yesterday. For the season, Adell now has 11 home runs between low and high Class A.
• Jorge Guzman, RHP, Marlins. The minors hardest-throwing starter struck out 10 in 5.2 scoreless innings yesterday. He allowed three hits and three walks.
• Myles Straw, OF, Astros. Straw is one of the better pure hitters in the minors and he's also one of the best stolen-base threats around. He's hitting .338 for Double-A Corpus Christi with 35 steals in 41 attempts. But last night he homered, which is much more unusual for Straw. Straw has hit one home run in 2016 and one in 2017. Now he has his one for 2018.
• Gavin Lux, SS, Dodgers. Lux went 4-for-5 with a double and a walk last night as he raised his slash line to .311/.397/.516.