- Full name William David Jensen
- Born 09/02/1997 in Phoenix, AZ
- Profile Ht.: 6'4" / Wt.: 180 / Bats: R / Throws: R
- School Pepperdine
- Drafted in the 28th round (854th overall) by the Oakland Athletics in 2019.
Jensen led the nation in ERA his sophomore year until Tommy John surgery ended his season. He missed most of his junior year recovering but returned to make three appearances at the end of the season and was drafted by the Athletics in the 28th round. Jensen opted to return to school this spring and emerged as Pepperdine’s ace, going 3-0, 2.19 in four starts before the season shut down. Jensen is a mature righthander with four pitches he can throw for strikes. His fastball sits 90-94 mph, his slider is average and his curveball and changeup are both fringy but usable. Nothing Jensen throws is plus, but he knows how to mix and match and is efficient with his pitch count. Jensen is one of the oldest pitchers in the draft and has elbow surgery on his ledger. Even with those concerns, evaluators see the pitch mix, control and mentality to project him as a potential back-of-the-rotation starter.
- RHP Wil Jensen assigned to United States.