- Full name Blake Tyler Grant-Parks
- Born 07/15/1993 in Yuba City, CA
- Profile Ht.: 6'1" / Wt.: 190 / Bats: R / Throws: R
- School Cal State Monterey Bay
- Drafted in the 39th round (1,177th overall) by the Tampa Bay Rays in 2014.
A 28th-round pick out of the Rays in 2011 out of high school in California, Grant-Parks draws comparisons to Vladimir Guerrero for his 6-foot-2, 205-pound build and long arms, as well as his power potential and arm strength. Also like Guerrero, his long arms give him good plate coverage and he's a free swinger with strong hands and wrists. He has a pull-oriented approach but can hit the ball to all fields. Professional pitchers will try to attack him inside, so he'll have to make adjustments. He is a little awkward and raw behind the plate and will need to improve his blocking and receiving skills. A shoulder injury kept him from signing out of high school, but it has not been a lingering problem and he shows above-average arm strength. Grant-Parks is not committed to a school for next year and is considered signable, so he could sneak into the top 10 rounds.