Top 50 Junior Prospects
Baseball America this week is presenting its annual ranking of the top 50 players in each class, continuing today with juniors.
Florida righthander Brady Singer tops this list and enters the year as the No. 1 player in the 2018 draft class. He was one of two players this year unanimously voted a first-team Preseason All-American by major league scouting directors and is the early favorite to be the first overall draft pick in June.
Auburn righthander Casey Mize, also a first-team Preseason All-American, closely follows Singer. He is coming off an All-American season as a sophomore and is in the mix to be the top pick in this year’s draft.
Oregon State second baseman Nick Madrigal, the other unanimous first-team Preseason All-American selection, is the top-ranked position player. He could be the first college position player drafted this year, though Preseason All-American outfielders Griffin Conine (Duke) and Travis Swaggerty (South Alabama) will push him at the top of draft boards.
Florida, Florida State, Kentucky and Oregon State all have three players on the list, the most of any school. In all, 34 teams are represented on the list.
1. Brady Singer, RHP, Florida
2. Casey Mize, RHP, Auburn
3. Nick Madrigal, 2B, Oregon State
4. Jackson Kowar, RHP, Florida
5. Logan Gilbert, RHP, Stetson
6. Travis Swaggerty, OF, South Alabama
7. Griffin Conine, OF, Duke
8. Jeremy Eierman, SS, Missouri State
9. Joey Bart, C, Georgia Tech
10. Tristan Pompey, OF, Kentucky
11. Greyson Jenista, OF, Wichita State
12. Alec Bohm, 3B, Wichita State
13. Tim Cate, LHP, Connecticut
14. Steele Walker, OF, Oklahoma
15. Seth Beer, OF/1B, Clemson
16. Luken Baker, 1B, Texas Christian
17. Konnor Pilkington, LHP, Mississippi State
18. Jake McCarthy, OF, Virginia
19. Blaine Knight, RHP, Arkansas
20. Sean Hjelle, RHP, Kentucky
21. Cadyn Grenier, SS, Oregon State
22. Steven Gingery, LHP, Texas Tech
23. Matt Mercer, RHP, Oregon
24. Colton Eastman, RHP, Cal State Fullerton
25. Nolan Kingham, RHP, Texas
2021 Big Ten Baseball Stock Watch: Which Programs Are Trending Up, Down?
In our latest conference stock watch, we take a look at 2021 in the Big Ten and project forward to what those results might mean in the future.
26. Kris Bubic, LHP, Stanford
27. Tanner Dodson, RHP/OF, California
28. Nick Sprengel, LHP, San Diego
29. Cole Sands, RHP, Florida State
30. Jonathan India, 3B, Florida
31. Nico Hoerner, SS, Stanford
32. Adam Hill, RHP, South Carolina
33. Grant Koch, C, Arkansas
34. Zach Haake, RHP, Kentucky
35. Josh Stowers, OF, Louisville
36. Jimmy Herron, OF, Duke
37. Griffin Roberts, RHP, Wake Forest
38. Sean Wymer, RHP, Texas Christian
39. Alex McKenna, OF, Cal Poly
40. Jake Mangum, OF, Mississippi State
41. Trevor Larnach, OF, Oregon State
42. Noah Davis, RHP, UC Santa Barbara
43. Jackson Lueck, OF, Florida State
44. Cal Raleigh, C, Florida State
45. Daniel Lynch, LHP, Virginia
46. Mitchell Kilkenny, RHP, Texas A&M
47. Davis Martin, RHP, Texas Tech
48. Jackson Goddard, RHP, Kansas
49. Kyle Bradish, RHP, New Mexico State
50. Josiah Gray, RHP, LeMoyne (N.Y.)