MLB Milestone Watch Entering 2019
This is part of Baseball America's 2019 season preview. To see all season preview content, click here.
Some notable names are approaching significant milestones in 2019. Among them...
Angels first baseman/DH Albert Pujols has already reached numerous career milestones. He has 3,082 hits, 633 home runs and he leads all active hitters in most counting stats. But he could add to those numbers this season.
Pujols needs 17 runs for 2,000 career runs scored, which would move him into the top 20 all-time. Pujols is already ninth with 5,652 career total bases. With 101 total bases, he could move ahead of Pete Rose into eighth all-time. Pujols ranks 10th all-time with 639 career doubles. Another 30 would move into the top five all-time. Pujols is 18 RBIs away from 2,000 career RBIs, which would move him into fifth place all-time.
- Bartolo Colon needs three wins for 250 career wins.
- CC Sabathia needs four wins for 250 career wins. Sabathia also needs 14 strikeouts to reach 3,000 career strikeouts.
- Craig Kimbrel needs 34 saves to move into the Top 10 in career saves.
- Miguel Cabrera is 35 home runs away from 500 career homers.
- Robinson Cano is 30 hits away from 2,500 career hits.