Image credit: Carter Young (Photo by Bill Mitchell)
USA Baseball announced its 26-man 18U National Team Training roster Tuesday afternoon, as the organization prepares for the COPABE U-18 Pan American Championships in Panama City from November 23 to December 2.
After winning the gold medal at the World Baseball Softball Confederation U-18 World Cup in Thunder Bay, Canada, last year, the 18U National team will look to secure a fifth-straight Pan American Championship gold medal this fall.
The 26-man trials roster will be cut down to a final 20-man roster on November 20, after the players compete in a series of workouts and seven exhibition games in Fort Lauderdale.
“We are excited about this very talented group of players,” said 18U director Matt Blood. “We have a balance of athleticism, skill, defense, power, pitchability and overall stuff. This should be a fun group to be around and see come together this fall.”
The entire 18U National Team Trials roster can be found below, which features one returning member from the historically dominant 2017 roster (Carter Young), three members of the 2017 15U team (Pete Crow-Armstrong, Dylan Crews, Masyn Winn) and 10 members of the 2020 draft class.
The remaining 16 players are all members of the current 2019 draft class.
“The timing of the tournament does make it more difficult than normal, but these 2020s are all very talented and belong,” Blood said. “Being a Pan-Am this year, I am excited about the experience they will gain, leading into next year’s World Cup.”
- Mick Abel, RHP, Jesuit HS, Portland (2020)
- Riley Cornelio, RHP, Pine Creek HS, Colorado Springs (2019)
- Ryan Hawks, RHP, Warren East HS, Bowling Green, Ken. (2019)
- Jared Kelley, RHP, Refugio (Texas) HS (2020)
- Jack Leiter, RHP, Delbarton HS, Morristown, N.J. (2019)
- Brennan Malone, RHP, IMG Academy, Bradenton, Fla. (2019)
- Timmy Manning, LHP, Cardinal Gibbons HS, Ft. Lauderdale, Fla. (2020)
- Jacob Meador, RHP, Centennial HS, Burleson, Texas (2019)
- Victor Mederos, RHP, Monsignor Pace HS, Miami (2020)
- Davis Rokose, LHP, Chattahoochee HS, Alpharetta, Ga. (2019)
- Avery Short, LHP, Southport HS, Indianapolis (2019)
- C.J. Abrams, Blessed Trinity HS, Roswell, Ga. (2019)
- Tyler Callihan, Providence HS, Jacksonville (2019)
- Ethan Hearn, C, Mobile (Ala.) Christian HS (2019)
- Yohandy Morales, Monsignor Pace HS, Miami (2020)
- Anthony Volpe, Delbarton HS, Morristown, N.J. (2019)
- Bobby Witt, Colleyville (Texas) Heritage HS (2019)
- Carter Young, Selah (Wash.) HS (2019)
- Corbin Carroll, Lakeside HS, Seattle (2019)
- Dylan Crews, Lake Mary (Fla.) HS (2020)
- Pete Crow-Armstrong, Harvard-Westlake HS, Studio City, Calif. (2020)
- Riley Greene, Hagerty HS, Oviedo, Fla. (2019)
- Austin Hendrick, West Allegheny HS, Imperial, Pa. (2020)
- Max Rajcic, RHP/INF, Orange (Calif.) Lutheran HS (2020)
- Logan Tanner, C/RHP, George County HS, Lucedale, Miss. (2019)
- Masyn Winn, RHP/INF, Kingwood (Texas) HS (2020)