TCU Coach Jim Schlossnagle Talks Fall Practice, Team's Experience
On this edition of the Baseball America College Podcast, Teddy Cahill and Joe Healy are joined by Texas Christian coach Jim Schlossnagle to discuss the Horned Frogs' fall practice, what he learned about his team during the abbreviated 2020 season, how an unprecedented amount of experience on the roster will help the 2021 team and how he and pitching coach Kirk Saarloos will work through all of the options they have on the mound.
Powered by RedCircle
Want more podcasts like this one? Subscribe below!
Things were going well for TCU in 2020. It was 11-4 with series wins over Kentucky, Minnesota and California, and all four of its losses were by one or two runs. Its lineup was physical and deep, its pitching staff was overflowing with quality options in a number of roles and it looked the part of a serious contender at the top of the Big 12.
The season cancellation kept the Frogs from being able to make good on that potential, but the end result is that they bring back just about everyone and should be even better in 2021.
Among the topics discussed on this episode are:
- How Schlossnagle enjoyed being at the World Series in Arlington
- If there are examples of games he's been involved in that had crazy endings like World Series Game 4
- How it felt to get back on the field in the fall and see his team together for the first time since March
- What he took away from his team's performance during the first month of the 2020 season
- His biggest takeaways from fall practice
- How having an extraordinarily experienced team will help the 2021 team excel
- How he and pitching coach Kirk Saarloos are working through the incredible depth on the mound