College Podcast: 2021 NCAA Baseball Tournament Regional Predictions
On this episode of the Baseball America College Podcast, presented by Rapsodo, Teddy Cahill and Joe Healy take a closer look at the field of 64 and offer some predictions for the weekend ahead.
Powered by RedCircle
The topics discussed at length this time around are:
- Strategies for watching as much regional baseball as possible this weekend. Long story short, prioritize the games you want to watch most and work around those. Don't feel like you have to be completely caught up on every game going on at one time, because sometimes if you're watching everything, it actually means that you're watching nothing.
- The regionals we'll be watching closely this weekend. Among those offered up are the Tucson regional, where host Arizona has a tough draw with Oklahoma State, UC Santa Barbara and Grand Canyon, and Oxford, where host Mississippi drew a couple of very good pitching teams in Southern Mississippi and Florida State, both of which have the talent to win the regional.
- The host teams most likely to be upset. Stanford is one contender given that UC Irvine as a No. 2 is more than capable of winning the regional itself. Another is Florida when you consider that its No. 2 seed, Miami, won a series against the Gators earlier this season.
- The fact that many regionals feel like they're going to be pretty chalky. There are some quality No. 2 seeds out there, but there are also a number of soft No. 2 seeds who are only on the two line because the had high RPIs at the end of the season.
- The national title favorite, which at this point has to be Arkansas. Given what it has done this season, there is really no argument to be made for any other team to be the favorite.
Want more podcasts like this one? Subscribe below!