No one is expected to be taken in the first five rounds from Wisconsin this year, but that’s really par for the course.
|THIS YEAR’S CROP|
|*****||One for the books|
|***||Solid, not spectacular|
|**||Not up to par|
|*||Nothing to see here|
|Rating compares this year’s group to what a state typically produces, not to other states|
Over the past five drafts, the state has averaged between three and four players picked per year. Only three times in those five drafts has anyone from the state been picked in the first 10 rounds. Last year, no one from the state was selected until Wisconsin-Stevens Point righthander J.P. Feyereisen was taken in the 16th round.
As usual, Wisconsin-Milwaukee provides a majority of the likely draftees. The Panthers went 39-20 this year as coach Scott Doffek and his staff put together a talented squad.
|NATIONAL TOP 500 PROSPECTS|
|BA 500 Scouting Reports|
1. Sam Koenig, of, Wisconsin-Milwaukee (National rank: 210)
2. Luke Meeter, of, Wisconsin-Milwaukee (National rank: 349)
3. Mitch Ghelfi, c, Wisconsin-Milwaukee (National rank: 373)
|OTHER PROSPECTS OF NOTE|
4. Justin Langley, lhp, Wisconsin-Milwaukee
5. Bryant Jordan, rhp, Home School, Hubertus, Wisc.
6. Alex Hintze, lhp, Oshkosh (Wisc.) North HS
7. Dorin Turchin, of, Oak Creek (Wisc.) HS
Additional Scouting Reports