The page you are looking for does not exist or has moved

Sorry, the page you're looking for is either like Sidd Finch and does not exist, or like Josh Hamilton and has moved. Where would you like to go instead?

BaseballAmerica.com Home

The latest news from our top sections:

Majors, Minors, Stats, Draft, College, High School, International or Viewpoint

International League Chat with Chris Kline

Moderator: Chris Kline will begin taking your International League questions at 1 p.m. ET

Q:  Donavan McNabb from Philly asks:
Do you like the iggles?
 A: 

Chris Kline: Good afternoon everyone on a rainy day here at BA Headquarters. This is the final chat to wrap up our Top 20s, so thanks for coming out.

Chris Kline: Great way to start, D-Mac. The Eagles are my postseason life--hopefully they can get it done in Detroit this year . . . That's right, they're a lock to win the NFC.

Q:  Clown Prince from Yaktown asks:
Liriano vs. Felix vs. Cain: How do they compare, what sort of MLB careers do you see each having, and who's in the next class of top minor league pitchers now that all three appear to be in the bigs for good?
 A: 

Chris Kline: Wow, a four-part question to begin . . . Felix is the obvious guy with the highest upside, though you have to question his overuse in meaningless big league games at the end of the year. Not overly impressed with Cain's season, though you have to take the PCL into account. Still, that number of walks is a little disconcerting. Liriano is my personal favorite in this group. Tough not to like a power lefty with plus secondary stuff. If I had to rank them, I'd go Felix, Liriano, Cain. I think all are 15+ game winners in the majors. The next class of pitchers? Have to go Chad Billingsley, Verlander and Adam Miller.

Q:  cjb from madison, wi asks:
Was Delmons drop overall in #s after arriving to Durham show signs that he should be starting next season back there? What are scouts take on Delmons bat speed? The clips I have seen he doesnt appear to have that elite speed that the top hitters in MLB have.
 A: 

Chris Kline: Given the Rays current state, Delmon will likely be right down the street again next year--same for Upton. And that's good for us, good for the D-Rays payroll, and probably good for Young's overall development path, but bad for fans in Tampa Bay. Young has plus bat speed, which has been documented in pretty much everything written about him. Not sure what clips you've seen--maybe ones late in Durham when Rays officials claimed he was "tired" and subsequently didn't call him up. But the bat speed is plus, with plus power.

Q:  JP from Texas asks:
Thanks for the chat. Did anyone else on the Pawsox - other than Shoppach or Pedroia - receive any support? If so, any feedback you could share?
 A: 

Chris Kline: Abe Alvarez, but he has fringy stuff and was closer to the 30 range.

Q:  Dave from Kenosha, Wis. asks:
What happened to Brandon McCarthy when he returned to Charlotte after his first stint -- a bad one -- with the White Sox? Did he find another pitch? He was so much better after re-joining the Sox in August.
 A: 

Chris Kline: Body control in his delivery. He was flying open somewhat and elveating his fastball, which he battled at times in Charlotte as well. Once his mechanics were fine-tuned, he was locating his plus fastball and his curveball again became a major weapon.

Q:  Steve from Cleveland asks:
Chris- I love Ryan Garko's bat... PLEASE don't tell me that he is going to become Matt LeCroy Jr., a player who's talents seemingly are wasted. However, the similarities are too many to overlook (Burly ex-catcher with bat who can't really cut it defensively at another position). Indeed, your report notes he might end up spending his time coming off the bench. Is Matt LeCroy what Ryan will end up being?
 A: 

Chris Kline: Steve, I think Garko has a lot more potential than LeCroy, though your comparison isn't too far off. Garko is much more athletic and has excellent leadership skills that go back to high school. The Tribe was committed to getting him as many innings as possible behind the plate early on, then suddenly wavered and put him at first base. He's a serviceable first baseman, and if it's any consolation, he projects more as an everyday player there than behind the plate. Hard not to believe in that bat, and I'm interested to see how far he's come defensively at first in the AFL.

Q:  Jack Burton from San Fransisco Chinatown asks:
Which league had a better crop of prospects PCL or IL?
 A: 

Chris Kline: Tough not to like that PCL list.

Q:  Gerald from St Louis asks:
If Upton were eligible, where would he rank?
 A: 

Chris Kline: Top three, with strong consideration for No. 1.

Q:  Michael from Baltimore asks:
Where on this list would Joel Zumaya possibly be placed, if he had been around a little longer?
 A: 

Chris Kline: Zumaya would have been top 10--easy.

Q:  shawn from new york asks:
Which yankee minor leaguer has the greatest upside in the IL?
 A: 

Chris Kline: Shawn, The Clippers weren't exactly prospect-laden, I'll go Kevin Thompson with the most upside there. But he's a fourth outfielder.

Q:  Chris from Huntsville, AL asks:
Assuming Scott Baker gets 30 starts next season in Minnesota, what kind of numbers would you expect him to put up?
 A: 

Chris Kline: Chris, If he gets run support, which he didn't get a lot of in the IL, Baker's a 15-game winner with an ERA in the mid-3's.

Q:  Michael from Baltimore asks:
Does Curtis Granderson get points taken away from him, since he hits with power but does not look like a power hitter? I keep seeing "average across the board" when people write about him, yet he keeps getting better each year. What does he project out as in the Majors?
 A: 

Chris Kline: There were times in Granderson's career where he was viewed as nothing more than a fourth outfielder, but I think he's an everyday player who can play all three spots. He's a gap hitter who was born to play in Comerica Park. I don't think he gets points taken away from him for the reason you asked--he just needs to not fall into that Brandon Phillips trap of trying to hit the ball out of the park every at-bat; just get on base and utilize his speed. Needs to make more consistent contact--projects as a .280-10-60 type player to me batting in the No. 2 hole.

Q:  dante delisio from youngstown, ohio asks:
Who will have a more successful career Francisco Liriano or Zack Duke?
 A: 

Chris Kline: Liriano has better stuff, obviously, but all Duke does is find ways to win at every level. I'll take Duke for the competitive edge, and he's more polished than Liriano at this point. For career, it'll be close--they should both be frontline starters for years--I'll still go Duke. (No reference to the Blue Devils)

If you were Bobby Cox, who would you give the left field job to next year - Ryan Langerhans or Kelly Johnson? Also, is there any chance Johnson could pick up a few starts next year at shortstop if Furcal bolts?
 A: 

Chris Kline: I'm not Bobby Cox, though everyone in this office gets on me as one of the older guys . . . and I'm a Kelly Johnson apologist. It's a nice problem to have, but I like Johnson over Langerhans. If Furcal bolts via free agency, Johnson could play there if needed. He could play anywhere, really. Just one of those guys that does everything the right way.

Q:  Michele Renner from Grand Rapids, Michigan asks:
Do the AAA people think that Joel Zumaya is ready to be in Detroit's rotation to start the season or do they feel it's a better idea to have him refine his stuff some more in Toledo?
 A: 

Chris Kline: Zumaya isn't ready yet, but he's come a long way from the argument that he'll be a better reliever than starter, mainly thanks to a changeup that improved dramatically this year. He needs more Triple-A innings though, just to refine his secondary stuff.

Q:  Myron from Maryland asks:
What separates Ryan Howard from Jonny Gomes in the rankings? Gomes has shown more tools, improved plate discipline, and nearly equal power numbers in both the minors and majors.
 A: 

Chris Kline: Howard's a more complete hitter and is an average defender at first. Gomes still gets pull-happy at times and is a liability in the outfield. Both have above-average power, but Howard used the whole field more this season and showed good range and footwork around the bag for a big man.

I'm sure you expected this question, but if BJ Upton qualified for the list, where would he have ranked. Also, in 2010, BJ Upton will be Tampa Bay's All-Star ____________. Fill in the blank with his position. Thanks.
 A: 

Chris Kline: Top three. If he's still in Tampa Bay in 2010, I don't think anyone knows where he'll be playing--not even the Rays have a clear plan on this. But B.J. is a shortstop and he needs to stay there.

Q:  Nicholas from Buffalo NY asks:
How good are the Bisons going to be next year?? Any elite prospects to keep an eye on?? Thanks...
 A: 

Chris Kline: Nicholas, Fausto Carmona, Brad Snyder, Jeremy Sowers, Franklin Gutierrez and probably Garko. And if manager Torey Lovullo doesn't get the job in L.A., he returns to the Tribe to manage Buffalo--going for three straight titles at three different levels. More reasons to be excited than the Bills.

Q:  Shoshana from Baltimore asks:
Did any of the Ottawa players even come clase to makeing this list? What sort of upside do you see for Walter Young?
 A: 

Chris Kline: Shoshana, You hit my weak spot. I am a huge Walter Young fan and I hope the O's believe in him enough to give him a shot to play every day at first next year. I think I'd throw a huge bash if that happened. I think Young can be a .275-20-90 hitter in the big leagues if given the chance. But like Bill Evers' quote on Ryan Garko reads: "You just don't walk into the big leagues and be a DH." I think that's applicable to Young as well. He needs to play. Other Ottawa players included John Maine and Bernie Castro.

Q:  Jason from Charlotte asks:
Andy Marte didn't exactly hit the cover off of the ball in his limited ab at Atl. His plate discipline has seemed to decline at each level. Is this going to be a problem??
 A: 

Chris Kline: Jason, Marte actually showed some of the best plate discipline of his career in Richmond this year (83K to 64BB), posting his lowest strikeout total since his debut in Rookie-level Danville in 2001. From what I saw in him this year, the zone management improved, not declined. I don't see him having a huge on-base, but the pitch recognition is definitely better from where it was even last year in Double-A.

Q:  Joey G from Jersey asks:
Did any other players from Indianapolis other than Bullington, Duke and Doumit merit and consideration. Duffy, McLouth, and Eldred all showed that they have potential at the next level, and when Doumit was recalled Paulino played extremely well. Did any of these guys merit consideration? What is BA's take on these prospects?
 A: 

Chris Kline: Joey G., All three players were considered and all three landed in the 20-30 range. Duffy is a plus defender with gap power who was compared to Eric Byrnes. He could play all three OF spots. McLouth just has hit everywhere he's been, and both are top-of-the-order guys with good speed. Eldred is Eldred--Travis Hafner in the making that is agile and atheltic enough to play first base every day. Paulino has been a project, but really blossomed this year and came into his own after Doumit was called up. His game-calling skills rapidly improved and he became an above-average defender behind the plate.

Q:  Josh from Boston asks:
Will Dustin Pedroia hit enough at the major league level to be an everyday player? Any good comps for him?
 A: 

Chris Kline: I think he will. Managers in the league compared him to Marcus Giles minus the power.

If Delmon Young becomes a full-time player in 2006, what kind of numbers would you expect from him next season? Do you think his reduced SLG pct. and low BBK ratio would carry over to the majors or do you expect a return to his first-half numbers?
 A: 

Chris Kline: Unlikely that he will, and he obviously needs to tighten up the zone a little more before he does. If he went there next year, there is no doubt the drop in numbers would carry over, which is why he needs more time in Durham. But Delmon has a track record for making quick adjustments. It's only a matter of time before he adapts and succeeds.

Q:  Mike from NYC asks:
Hello Chris i am very angry, why isn't Joson Scobie of Norfolk not considered a top prospect, he is 15-7 with 3.34 ERA and an ALL STAR, yet the Mets did not even put the guy on their 40 man roster. I know he doesn't strike out many hitters, but he is winning his games.Why is Scobie being disrespected?
 A: 

Chris Kline: Sorry you're ticked off, Mike. But Scobie was a little older than the guys on this list, despite the success and the all-star appearance. He has average stuff across the board, but is a workhorse. I know the coaching staff in Norfolk felt he deserved a promotion, but the Mets never came calling. In their defense, it was Scobie's first year in Triple-A after coming off an injury in 2003. He was there all year to eat up innings and prove he was healthy.

Q:  George Rodriguez from New Jersey asks:
Is this guy Curtis Granderson for real?I saw him a couple of times playing with the Tigers.I mean he looked real impresive against Bartolo Colon couple of weeks ago.He was hitting line drives left and right and hitting a bunch of gappers.This kid has impresive power to all fields for a guy of his size.He's not that big.The only bad thing I saw of him is that he strikes out alot and he doesn't have great range for a centerfielder.He reminds me of a Bernie Williams in his prime but he does't quite have the range that Bernie had earlier in his career.
 A: 

Chris Kline: Burn, Baby, Burn . . . I can see that a little bit, but C-Grand is no Bernie Williams in his prime. He's for real and will be a nice everyday player in Detroit, but I'm not sold that he'll be a perennial all-star. A definite upgrade from Nook Logan, though.

Q:  Francisco from boston,ma asks:
what do you see happening with Kelly Shoppach in the future and what type of player will he be in the majors?
 A: 

Chris Kline: Shoppach doesn't have much else to prove in Triple-A, that's for sure. He's a great leader, handles a staff well and has good game-calling skills. He'll never hit for a high average, but he's got all the ability to be an everyday catcher at the next level. The question is where.

Q:  Jon from Peoria asks:
Chris Denorfia has hit at every level he's played at. Can he do enough to be an everyday player in the bigs?
 A: 

Chris Kline: I'm a believer in Denorfia. Not too much to get excited about in the Reds' system, but he's a guy that jumps out. Very patient, above-average runner. The only question mark coming into this year was the power, but 13 homers in the IL is pretty impressive for him.

Q:  Keating from Danbury, Ct asks:
It has been hard to find any Met prospects on any of these lists. Is the Mets farm system now the worst in baseball?
 A: 

Chris Kline: Not the worst, but you'll have to wait for Washington Heights' own Matt Meyers, who is doing the Mets Top 30 prospects for us this year in the 2006 Prospect Handbook.

Q:  aaron from boston asks:
Davies over McCarthy? It would seem that the upside on McCarthy is considerably higher, no?
 A: 

Chris Kline: Davies compares more to a Greg Maddux-type finesse righthander, whereas McCarthy is a power pitcher. Upside is similar, but Davies gets the nod mostly out of being more polished at this stage. Tough argument, as there is a lot to like about both.

Q:  Al Green from Motown asks:
Had Jeff Keppinger not gotten hurt and countinued to play the way he was, BA .330+ would he be even considered for top 20 or top 30?
 A: 

Chris Kline: Keppinger had a nice year at Norfolk, but the thing that impressed me most was his defense at second, short and third. He's a good player, but probably not much more than a utility guy in the big leagues.

Q:  Joe Ramirez from Saddle River, NJ asks:
Hey thanks for taking the time to answer people's questions, I really appreciate it. Anyway, I was curious if you have any ideas on what Ryan Garko's future is with the Indians organization? He truly had a stellar year this year at Buffalo and has really moved up the system quickly. With Ben Broussard becoming a FA after a very disappointing season for him, do you think the Indians will take a chance and let the veteran go to give Ryan a chance?
 A: 

Chris Kline: I was killed by some members of the BA staff for taking Garko over LeCroy in an earlier answer, but I stand my ground. Joe, Mark Shapiro came out and said that he's going to try to re-sign everyone from this year's club, but Broussard is likely to test the market. I don't see them just handing him the 1b job, simply because he's pretty mechanical around the bag; slow with his actions, etc. But he needs more time and experience there, which is what he's getting, as we speak, in the AFL.

Q:  Scott from Boston asks:
Where would Jonathan Papelbon have been ranked if he had enough time at this level?
 A: 

Chris Kline: Definitely. He should factor in to the Red Sox Nation's rotation next year, probably as a No. 5 starter.

Q:  Mike from Chico, CA asks:
Was Anderson Hernandez close to the top 20? Do you believe that the Mets will give him the 2B job in '06 (providing that they don't trade for Alfonso Soriano)?
 A: 

Chris Kline: He was, and he got some support from several managers around the league. Hernandez is a nice player, good range, decent arm, turns doubleplays well fundamentally. He's a spray hitter and won't hit for much power. I don't see him in Shea next year unless it's as a utilityman. And even then, I like Keppinger better.

Q:  Bill Anderson from Norwood,MA asks:
Hi Chris, Do you consider major league performance when making the lists. Gomes and Granderson looked very good after being called up, compared to say Aaron Hill.
 A: 

Chris Kline: A little bit. The Triple-A lists are difficult because you can't ignore the results one way or another. But even when there are problems, like say with Hill's power production, it's still a lot about future performance and Aaron Hill stacks up well against all the other hitters on this list.

Q:  Todo Yamaguchi from Tokyo asks:
Yusmeiro Petit and Brian Banister, who is better and can they both be in top 20 next year? Who would have more success in majors?
 A: 

Chris Kline: Petit is better. Bannister is likely a middle reliever in the big leagues, whereas Petit has the ceiling to be a No. 4 or 5.

Q:  Marc from Halifax asks:
A BA writer (I forget who) mentioned recently that they questioned Andy Marte's ability to hit major league pitching. Do you share that worry, or his he a pretty safe bet?
 A: 

Chris Kline: Safe bet for average and power.

Q:  KB from NH asks:
Nice to see Kelly Shoppach made the top 20. The Red Sox almost traded him to Colodado earlier this year,which would have been great for him. With Varitek starting and Mirabelli catching for Wakefield..if you were Theo Epstein what would you be inKlined to do with this power hitting catcher?
 A: 

Chris Kline: First I'm Bobby Cox and now I'm Theo . . . and nice play on my name. I would be inKlined to deal him this offseason. But as the Phillies learned this season with Howard-Thome, it's always nice to have some insurance.

Q:  Tom from Seattle asks:
Jason Hammel - Was there any consideration for him in the top 20? He tore up the Southern League but seemed to have a rougher time in Durham. Do you think Tampa's Minor League Pitcher of the Year has a chance out of Spring Training, or he is going to be a middle of the season call-up?
 A: 

Chris Kline: Saw Hammel three times this year and the walks bother me. So does the eight homers in 10 Triple-A starts. He was very good in the SL, but his command in Durham wasn't even close to what it was in Montgomery. He needs a full season in Trips before heading to Tampa.

Q:  Joe Ramirez from Saddle River, NJ asks:
Hey Chris thanks for taking the time to answer people's questions, it's really appreciated. Anyway, what future do you foresee for Indians LHP Jeremy Sowers? Do you think he will start next year at Buffalo or do you believe there is an outside chance he can make the Tribe rotation? I personally would prefer the Indians to not re-sign Elarton and give Jeremy a shot to show us what he can do. Although he doesn't have overly impressive stuff like a Liriano, he has proven that he can hit his spots with all his pitches. Many people constantly mention Tom Glavine whenever Sowers is brought up, do you think an even somewhat similar future awaits Jeremy?
 A: 

Chris Kline: Sowers likely starts in Buffalo regardless of what happens with Elarton. Indians officials said they felt he could have won 6-7 games in the big leagues this year, but he projects as a 15-20 game winner in the big leagues. Is it me or does every lefthander get compared to Glavine? I like the John Tudor comp better. Sowers is as sneaky as it gets.

Q:  Marc from Halifax asks:
I am a little worried about Brandon League. Is he still viewed as a potential dominating starterreliever? I have read some negative reports on him(i.e. his fastball has no movement) and his minimal impact has me concerned that the odds of him succeeding are much lower.
 A: 

Chris Kline: I feel your worry. I've read and heard the same reports, along with ones that question his mental ability to handle the closer role. He got hammered in the IL. But there is a lot of power in there and it's too early to give up on him. Look at Andrew Brown when he came up with the Dodgers, power stuff, makeup questions in terms of him being mentally soft. But after he was dealt to the Indians, they moved him to the pen and he thrived. It took a year, but he blew up. I could see similar things happening with League if he can grasp that closer mentality.

Q:  Don from Rosemont, IL asks:
If you were Kenny Williams, would you take Brian Anderson over either Podsednik or Rowand as a starting outfielder next year?
 A: 

Chris Kline: . . . And now I'm Kenny Williams (don't tell Wally Backman). I like Anderson over either of those guys, but a lot of that has to do with the fact that I'm an Anderson apologist. Even though he's bigger and stronger than your average CF, he has the speed to play there. He just does it all, with that gamer mentality.

JamesLerewDavies - Which has the highest upside as a starter? Who starts 2006 in the Braves rotation?
 A: 

Chris Kline: Tough not to like Lerew, especially with the velocity spike this year. But for immediate impact, I say Davies in 2006.

Q:  Stan from Toronto asks:
Wht's the future like for Lee Gronkiewicz, is he just a triple A closer or can he do it in the big leagues.
 A: 

Chris Kline: You mean GAME OVER GRONK? It'd be interesting to see what he could do in the big leagues, if someone ever gave him that chance. Doesn't have the pedigree, but just always seems to get it done at every level. He's a guy you root for.

Q:  Wesley Smith from Altoona, Pa. asks:
How close was Ronny Paulino to the list? How is his defense as I have heard wildly different reports ?
 A: 

Chris Kline: Paulino was in the mix, in the 20-30 range with the rest of the Pirates prospects that didn't quite make the cut. I addressed his defense before. Scroll up, Wesley Smith, from Altoona, Pa.

Q:  Paul from Arlington, VA asks:
Hi Chris. Loved you in American Pie. Granderson below Kelly Johnson? Can you elaborate on why?
 A: 

Chris Kline: Funny, funny, Paul. Honestly, Granderson wasn't on the list when it was first completed . . . in the initial draft. Nearly everyone I talked to thought he was a fourth outfielder, but then I went back and talked to several more scouts and bumped Ian Snell off and got C-Grand on. I just think that Johnson projects for more power and can do more things. Regardless of C-Grand's power numbers, he's not a power hitter in the big leagues . . . especially in that ballpark.

Q:  GEA from St. Louis asks:
Hey Chris... dig the info... I'm wondering about Fausto Carmona. I see he didn't make the list... When I saw him pitch once last year he dominated a seemingly week Columbus team... he pretty much stuck with the hard sinker... It seemed like every so often he'd leave it up and it would get crushed accordingly... Anyway, does he lack the secondary pitches to stick as a starter? Is that what is going on here?
 A: 

Chris Kline: Carmona will rank high on the Tribe Top 30, but not here. Hard sinking fastball that translates to a ton of ground balls. His velocity actually increased once he got promoted to Triple-A, and he was more consistently around the zone. Secondary pitches include a wipeout slider and change. He's a starter, it's just that the slider still needs work and he lacks body control in his delivery at times. He's still growing.

Q:  me from here asks:
Any love for Brad Eldred, Ian Snell or Bryan Bullington? Snell and Zach Duke were two of the most dominant starters in the league for most of the year? You have Duke on the list and I thought for sure that Snell would be on there too. I really thought that Eldred would be on the list as well considering how he destroyed the pitching in the short time he was there. You can't say he wasn't there long enough either because he was on the roster for 54 games and you named Jay Bruce the #1 prospect for the low A Pioneer league after just 17 games.
 A: 

Chris Kline: Love for all of them. Snell was originally on, but then took him off because a lot of people around the league thought his ceiling was a middle reliever. His size works against him. He's been compared to a poor man's version of Pedro, but he just didn't fit. Came in at No. 21. Eldred is a similar story, ranking in the high 20s.

Q:  Philliesopher from Philadelphia asks:
Seems like the fringy secondary numbers Floyd put up throughout his rise up the ladder pointed to an unfortunate truth... he doesn't have the stuff to match the hype. What were people saying about him? Do you see a successful big league career in his future?
 A: 

Chris Kline: Mixed reports. I think moving from the rotation in the big leagues to the pen messed with his head a little bit, which is something I got straight from Floyd that was in a feature in Daily Dish earlier this year. His confidence was very low, which led to him questioning everything about pitching. He's got more or less average stuff with a big curveball. He showed flashes of figuring it out, and we had several scouts tell us that success was still in him. Too early to give up on Floyd at this point.

Q:  Zach from MN asks:
Would you rate Boof Bonser in the next set of elite talent from the IL, and what do you think his big league future is like?
 A: 

Chris Kline: Boof is in that next tier. The main question with him is durability and stamina. Most of his outings, he didn't make it out of the fifth inning. Which goes back to pitch selection and developing an attack plan. He maxed out his pitch count by the fifth or sixth. That said, he still led the league in strikeouts.

Q:  Curious from Washington, DC asks:
How many Durham Bulls games did members of the BA staff attend this year?
 A: 

Chris Kline: We go there A TON. We're in a unique situation here in Durham because we can see every level of the minors within an hour (Durham, Carolina, Winston-Salem or Kinston, Greensboro and Burlington) of our office. And then there's the travel, of course. Safe to say we see a lot of games though. Thanks for all the questions today and thanks for reading and participating in all our league Top 20s. Sorry I couldn't get to them all. Trying to score a ticket for the Hurricanes' home opener against Sidney Crosby tonight. Looking forward to coming back to talk AFL Top 20 after returning from the desert. CK.

Page Not Found - BaseballAmerica.com
The page you are looking for does not exist or has moved

Sorry, the page you're looking for is either like Sidd Finch and does not exist, or like Josh Hamilton and has moved. Where would you like to go instead?

BaseballAmerica.com Home

The latest news from our top sections:

Majors, Minors, Stats, Draft, College, High School, International or Viewpoint