The page you are looking for does not exist or has moved

Sorry, the page you're looking for is either like Sidd Finch and does not exist, or like Josh Hamilton and has moved. Where would you like to go instead?

BaseballAmerica.com Home

The latest news from our top sections:

Majors, Minors, Stats, Draft, College, High School, International or Viewpoint

Rockies Chat with Tracy Ringolsby

Tracy Ringolsby: Tracy Ringolsby will begin taking your Rockies questions at 3 p.m. ET

Q:  Russ Oates from NY asks:
I looked forward to listening to the Casper Rockies broadcast when Samuel Deduno pitched. Could he eventually be on the same level of pitcher Ubaldo Jimenez iswas?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: He has the abilities to definitely pitch right along with Morillo and Jimenez

Q:  Edgar from Denver asks:
Joe Koshansky seems like an all-or-nothing hitter, either a homer or a strikeout in each at-bat. Does he really have more upside as a hitter than as a pitcher?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: The Rockies seem to think so. He has the power that entices. He has to command the strikezone better.

Q:  Andrew from Athens, GA asks:
What justifies making Chris Nelson the #2 over Jeff Francis? I realize Nelson is all-world in potential, but Francis is many many steps ahead of Chris. Thank you.
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: The list is top prospects and should be based on long-range big-league potential. The fact Francis is going to be in the big league rotation this year ranks him higher in terms of immediacy, but Nelson should be a franchise player in the middle of the infield

Q:  michael from round rock asks:
Garrett Atkins won the PCL batting title, led the league in doubles and onbase percentage and then hit .357 when called up by the Rockies. And he's only the third best 3B prospect in the system? What happens to Atkins the next couple of years?...and Nolan sends his greetings.
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: Tell Nolan hi. It's in Atkins' hands. There are third basemen in the organziation ranked higher than him, but Atkins is the one who gets the first shot at the big leagues. He should be the starting third baseman this year. It's up to him to not let go once he gets hold of the spot. If not, he'll have competition each of the next two years with Baker and Stewart. Macri would push him, too, but he's moving to second base because of the depth at third.

Q:  Tom from NY asks:
Ryan Mattheus was shut down after seven starts for Casper after an injury and I think he showed some good stuff. Where does he rank among the pitchers in the system?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: He's considered a prospect but he needs to show he's healthy and pitch.

Q:  Steve from NJ asks:
Where will Dexter Fowler play this year and what is your long-term outlook for him ?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: Fowler has the raw tools to be an exciting player, He most likely will start in extended spring and go to a short-season league, but with a strong psring he could force the issue with Asheville. It's going to depend on how quickly Fowler can refine his tools. His athletic ability,however, gives him a chance to be an impact guy.

Q:  Mike from SoCal asks:
Do Marcos Carvajal and Matt Merricks have a chance of sticking the Rockies? What kind of chance does Ryan Speier have to break camp with the team?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: They both have a good shot. I would say Merricks has the better shot becuase he is left-handed,m but Carvajal will get a long look. Speier is a longshot. He most likely will open the year at Class AAA Colorado Springs, but at each level in the system so far Speier has proven he deserves the chance to pitch at the next level. He has been excellent.

Q:  Brian Daniels from Kennesaw, Georgia asks:
Hi Tracy, Does Chris Nelson project as a Shortstop or do you think he will have to move positions? Also, will the Rockies be able to retain Helton long enough for these young players to make their mark on the major league team?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: Helton is signed through 2011 with an option for 2012 so he's here. Nelson is considered the shortstop of the future. There is no reason that he shouldn't play short and be a dominate offensive player.

Q:  Will from New York asks:
If the Rockies starting 8 includes 2 rookies (Atkins and Closser) who didn't even make the top 10 list, and another who came in at 10 (Barmes), is that an indictment of their starting 8 or a testament to their minor leagues? Please don't say both. No Fence sitting!
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: I would say it is a testament to the minor leagues. The impact players are still a year or two away. Don't forget that 10 also includes a couple of pitchers, including Jeff Francis, who will be in the rotatiuon this year. Last two years Rockies have had impact drafts along with the signing of a few dominate Latin pitchers

Q:  Jeff from Los Altos, CA asks:
Where will Chris Nelson start the year? How quickly do you think it will take him to reach the majors? Any player in the majors that he compares to?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: Nelson most likely will open at Asheville. He figures to be in the big leagues by the end of 2007. He's an offensive shortstop, along the lines of the AL group

Q:  Bob from Oceanside, CA asks:
Howdy Tracy! Can you tell me how in God's graces that Nelson is ahead of Francis? Francis had better numbers in his league's context and was more dominant 4 levels higher. Also, what projection could you provide for Francis this year?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: I think I answered tha above, as far as the Top 10 being based on long-range potential. Francis figures to be the fourth or fifth starter. He has shown an ability to win, but he's not overpowering. He will pitch 86-89 miles per hour. He is very intelligent and has good deception. I see Nelson as a franchise type player. I see Francis as a winning, quality pitcher who most likely will be a No. 3 in the rotation, maybe a No. 2.

Q:  Joe C from Boston asks:
What is the predicted position of Matt Macri? He is a potential gold glove 3rd baseman but Ian Stewart is in front of him, very unlikely to be moved.
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: Macri was worked at second base during the instructional league.

Q:  Joe from NY asks:
Is Chris Nelson the real deal? What major leaguer does he compare to?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: He should be. He still has to prove it, though. I'd say he's like the offensive shortstops in the AL.

Q:  JB from Cambridge asks:
Thanks for taking the time. Looks like Tsao just missed qualification for the top 10 list. Where would he have ranked on this list, is he now destined to be a closer, and what is his upside?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: No Tsao would have been in the top four, but he surpassed the 50 innings big league service time so he wasn't allowed to be cosndiered. My guess is by season's end he will be in place as the closer.

Q:  Darrel from Watertown asks:
What is your opinion of Luis A. Gonzalez? He didn't seem to generate much buzz going through the minors, but posted decent numbers last year. What is his upside?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: Gonzalez is a quality player. He could be an every day player, but with his versatility he's going to get his 450-plus at-bats by moving around the infield and outfield. He is solid defensively and an excellent situational hitter.

Q:  JDawg from Los Angeles, CA asks:
Will there ever be a "prototypical" pitcher who can throw for Colorado with consistent success? Similar to how a flyball pitcher works best at a place like Dodger Stadium, would groundball type pitcher be the best fit for the Rockies? Does Jeff Francis or any of the other pitching prospects have the ability to pitch well at Coor's Field?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: Well, Jennings has won 10 plus three years in a row, and is 23-11 lifetime at Coors Field. Kennedy had a franchise record 3.66 ERA last year. In fact, all five projected Rockies starting pitchers have had more success at Coors Field than they have on the road, including Francis, who pitched very well there in two starts. With Colorado Springs as the AAA affiliate, the quality arms in the system get over the shellshock before they get to Denver.

Q:  Russ Oates from NY asks:
Dexter Fowler signed too late to get any playing time, but how excited is the organization about him?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: He was the sleeper, signed because they received some cash in the Larry Walker trade. The feeling is they had two first rounders -- Nelson and Fowler.

Q:  Mike from Dell, TX asks:
Ian Stewart: does he have the type of power that could produce 40+ homers at the big league level, and is he just a slugger, or can we expect an average somewhere in the neighborhood of .300?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: He's a left-handed Scott Rolen type.

Q:  Eric from Miami asks:
Is Ian Stewart going to be a future MVP candidate? He looks very strong in all facets of the game. Would he be considered a 5 tool prospect and what do his major league #'s project to?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: See previous question

Q:  Luke from Kansas City asks:
Who has more power, Jeff Baker or Ian Stewart?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: Ian Stewart has the most power in the organization, and would be among the top hand full of power hitting prospects in all of baseball.

Q:  Bryan from VT asks:
Jordan Czarniecki put up some surprising number in the SAL. What does the future hold for him?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: He's going to have to stop at each level and put up numbers, forcing the issue.

Q:  Jeff from Los Altos, CA asks:
What type of player do you see the Rockies going after with the #7 pick in the draft?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: Scouting director Bill Schmidt has shown he likes to get an impact bat and it doesn't matter if he is high school or college. If none is available he's look for a power arm out of college.

Q:  Chip from Tampa, FLA asks:
What can we expect from JD Closser long term? Is he the type who could eventually hit .300 with 20 homers annually?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: He should, particularly at Coors Field, evnetually reach 20 home runs and hit in the 280-plus range

Q:  John Steiner from Erie P.A. asks:
It appears that the Rockies have an overabundance of third base prspects,Atkins, Baker and Stewart.Which one do you feel could make the transition to another position and which position would that be,in order to remain with the Rockies on a long term basis?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: I could see Baker in right field. He had the power and arm. Pesonally, I think he could be a Bobb Grich type second baseman, but others say they don't want that big of a player in the middle infield.

Q:  J.D. from Fort Collins, CO asks:
Could you please comment on the state of the Rockies' farm system in regards to how it compares to other systems in the NL West and baseball as a whole? Are we making progress? Thanks.
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: I would say the Rockies have more impact players and depth than the other farm systems in the division. This year should start to get them attention from around baseball.

Q:  Larry from Flint, MI asks:
What seperates Stewart from some of the Rockies other top hitters, is it his plate coverage, superior bat speed, ...?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: Stewart is the complete package. Personality, feel for game, bat speed, plate coverage and amazing power.

Q:  Bob from Oceanside, CA asks:
I saw Stewart play in high school and thought "STUD." Now I'm thinking he may be the 2nd Rockies player enshrined in the HOF after Helton. Is it a stretch to see him hit 600 HR's and have a .300 average over a 12-15 injury-free career? Are the Rockies purposely slow-tracking him? He would seem to be destined to start in AA, but read that it looks like he's going to A ball in Modesto.
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: I don't think anybody is slow-tracking him. The feeling last year was to let him settle in and have a dominate year. He could start at Modesto this year but if he continues like he played at Asheville he will be in Tulsa by mid-season.

Q:  Petey P from Wendell NC asks:
Where do you see Macri opening the season and what's his ceiling?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: Macri is a good find for the Rockies last year. He has the potential to be a plus defensive middle infielder with offensive abilities.

Q:  Steve G. from Washington DC asks:
What does the future hold for Dragon Lo? It seems we are still waiting for him to break out. Is his star still as bright as it was a few years ago?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: He's still just a kid and growing into his body. He has to get stronger. He has big time potential, but remember he was a toothpick thin 16 year old when he signed.

Q:  Mike from SoCal asks:
Eric Young, Jr. didnt get to showcase his abilities after an injury (wrist?) early in the season. Does he have a similar skill set to his father?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: He suffered a broken bone in his face when he was hit by a ball on a double play relay. He has a little more looseness to his body than his father did.

Q:  Steve G. from Washington DC asks:
Where did Jordan Czarniecki end up in the rankings? Was he merely a product of Asheville's stadium a la Bernie Gonzalez last year or did he become a great looking prospect?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: Jordan will get a chance to prove last year was for real this season.

Q:  Brighid from Washington, DC asks:
What are the odds that both Ian Stewart and Chris Nelson reach the respectively high ceilings? That would make quite a left-side of the IF for the Rockies.
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: Odds are tough to set, but the Rockies envision an All-Star left side of their infield in a couple of years.

Q:  Bryan from VT asks:
Jim Miller posted some sick numbers in the NWL and did it with some great stuff. Could he wind up in Double-A before the end of this season?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: As a reliever, Miller could move quickly. He has domiante late-inning abilities.

Q:  Walker from Durham, NC asks:
As overall players, Chris Nelson and Jayson Nix seem similar, their age being the only significant difference. Both are above average defenders with the offensive potential to hit near .300 with 20+ home runs, would you agree with such an assesment?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: I would say Nelson is more atheltic than Nix, and would have a higher upside, but Nix is so intense he will outperform his raw ability.

Q:  Craig from Denver asks:
Atkins not on the top ten prospect list??? He has to be considered the leading candidate to win the NL Rookie of the Year award. He led all minor league hitters in batting average in 2004 and had the third highest batting average in all of profeesional baseball behind Ichiro Suzuki. and Barry Bonds. Please tell me that his omission from the top ten prospect list was an ommission! Would this be the first time that an NL Rookie of the Year award winner was not on his team's top ten prospect list?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: It wasn't an omission. I can't tell you about the top 10 list for rookies of the year. Garrett has shown he can hit for average, and he's going to get every opportunity to play third base this year. He has to show that defensively he can stay in the lineup. To his credit, he has taken the challenge and worked hard this winter.

Q:  Mitch from CANT GET ENOUGH OF BA asks:
I've heard reports that, while he will show you he can use the whole field in batting practice, Ian Stewart is a dead pull hitter come game time. Is this a true statement and if so, will it have a negitive effect on him once he reaches the big leagues?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: We'll see how Stewart develops, but there have been some pretty good pull hitters hwo have made it in the big leagues. I would think as he matures and gets to Coors Field, where he will realize how easily he can go yard to all fields, he'll make adjustments. This kid has great aptitude.

Q:  Frank from Tempe asks:
Where is Mike Esposito on the chain of being called up to the team?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: Esposito will open the season at Class AAA Colorado Springs. The Rockies do have a tendency to develop needs for pitching help so it all depends on how well he is pitching.

Q:  Andrew from TN asks:
What is the biggest weakness in Nelson's game right now? Where would you rank him among current minor league shortstops?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: He needs to get regular playing time.

Q:  John Dark from Moline, Illinois asks:
Thanks for taking my question. Chris Nelson is Colorado's shortstop of the future, but many such players falter before they get there (Chad Hermansen comes to mind). If Nelson falters, who is his understudy? Who is behind Nelson on the Rockies' depth chart at short?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: Barmes is getting his shot this year so I'd say he has a chance to be the shortstop for some time if Nelson doesn't force him into a utility role or possible second base.

Q:  Louief1 from NJ asks:
Does Jeff Baker have star potential? Is Chris Nelson a 5-Tool player? Does anyone else have 5-tool potential in the farm system? Any dark horses? Thanks...
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: YEs, Baker has star potential if he can stay healthy. There isn't much Nelson can't do. Fowler would be a five-tool potential guy, and so would Choo Freeman. Stewart has four big time tools but he's not a speed guy.

Q:  Darren from Chicago asks:
If Nelson is the SS of the future, is Barmes just keeping it warm for him? Any chance Barmes may stick at 2b? Also, what is your prediction for the 3 starting outfielders in 2006? Thanks. Darren
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: Three starting outfielders in 2006 would be Holliday, Salazar and Hawpe.

Q:  Tom from Denver asks:
Who are the top catching prospects in the minor league system for the Rockies?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: Closser, Ianetta, Wilson.

Q:  Bob from Palo Alto asks:
Nix or Macri- who will most likely be the 2b of the future.
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: Nix needs to rebound big time this year or Macri will push him aside.

Q:  Roger from Denver asks:
In what scenario can you see Ryan Shealy actually playing for the Rockies?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: Helton would have to get hurt. With Shealey's knees I don't see him moving to another position, which is what the Rockies did with Atkins and Hawpe.

Q:  Brandi from Vermont asks:
Thank you for the chat! Were the Rockies disappointed that Jeff Salazar's power didn't show up in Tulsa? He seemed to keep a lot of his other skills, getting on, baserunning and defense in particular, what's his ceiling now?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: They would haveliked to have seen Salzar blase through Tulsa, but he didn't. Hal Keller used to say, ``You never know how good a player can be until you see how bad he can be.'' In other words, good players have a tough time, adjust and get better because of it. It's up to Salazar.

Do you see the Rockies calling up Stewart in September? What would be the pros and cons of that scenario?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: I wouldn't think Stewart will be called up. HE doesn't have to be put ont he 40-man roster until 2007. No sense rushing things.

Q:  Joe M from Portland, OR asks:
Given the challenge of pitching in Coor Field, how will Francis fare in the fair air?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: He made two starts in September and had no problem. he has a feel for pitchig and is very intelligent. He will adjust and be succesful anywhere.

Q:  Paul from NC asks:
Is Chris Iannetta like former Rockies player Joe Girardi?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: Iannetta has more offensive potential.

Q:  Mike Marinaro from Tampa, FL asks:
Hi Tracy. What are your and the Rockies' thoughts on early sightings of Dexter Folwer? Who do you believe will be ranked higher on this list at the end of 2005: Dexter Fowler or Chris Nelson? Thanks!!
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: Nelson is more refined. The tools are there for both of them. Fowler has to show he can turn tools into results.

Q:  Rob from Toronto asks:
How good willcan Ubaldo Jimenez and Juan Morillo. Do you think Morillo profiles better as a closer and that's where he'll eventually end up?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: Jimenexz and Morillo have the stuff to be No. 1 in a rotation. I think it's too youn to profile Morillo into any definite role.

Q:  Jack from Auburn asks:
Wouldn't it be best if Steven Register was moved to the bullpen?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: Right now it is best for Register to pitch. No sense limiting his innings at this stage.

Q:  Tom McCullough from York PA asks:
Tracy: Thanks for the chats. A couple of years ago, some scouts were saying that Tony Miller was ahead of Choo Freeman as the Colorado CF of the future. How do they rank today?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: I always felt Freeman ranked ahead of Miller, and still do.

Q:  Kris Arthur from Naperville, IL asks:
I'm curious where you rank Chris Nelson compared to some other SS prospects such as Hanley Ramirez, Erick Aybar, etc.
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: He's on par if not ahead of any of them.

Q:  Alex from Omaha asks:
What does Aaron Marsden lack in being a top-flight pitcher?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: Expeirence. He has great competitiveness. He is going to have to pitch and prove it though. He's not overpowering.

Q:  Kris Arthur from Naperville, IL asks:
Where would you compare Ian Stewart in regards to top 3B prospects? Marte vs. McPherson vs. Marte vs. etc.
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: I put Stewart at the top of the list.

Q:  Rob from Toronto asks:
Seth Smith always had a ton of potential throughout college. Do you think that he finally turned the corner this past year and is turning those tools into production, or was it just that he was in rookie ball against inferior competition? If you had to answer with a YES or NO (no playing the maybe card), which would you pick?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: I would say yes, he's ready to play now. he has to be pushed, but he has the ability.

Q:  thebig747 from Milwaukee, WI asks:
I imagine that J.D. Closser just missed the top 10? What major leaguer do you liken him to? Thanks.
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: Mackey Sasser but with an ability to throw.

Q:  Ken from TX asks:
Will Scott Beerer ever be healthy enough to pitch a full season?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: He should be

Q:  Brandon from Greeley asks:
Any explanation as to the cause of Jeff Salazar's 2nd-half struggles last year? If he comes out of the box well this year, would be a candidate to skip AAA?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: A solid start and he will be in the big leagues, particularly with concerns about Wilson's knee and the fact Wilson is in his final year with Colorado.

Q:  Shawn from Platteville, WI asks:
Would Ubaldo Jimenez have ranked ahead of nelson or francis if he would have stayed healthy and continued at the pace that he was pitching at last year? thanks.
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: he could have been. Heck if he'd been healthy he could have been at Colorado Springs by season's end.

Q:  Brandi from VT asks:
Mike Esposito, Justin Hampson and Chris Narveson were all given non-roster Spring invites, which of these has the best shot of breaking into the Rockies rotation in the next couple of years?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: Narveson is on the 40-man roster. Esposito and Hampson were dropped during the winter and invited to camp. I'd say NArveson has the edge, and but all three have a shot

Q:  Mike from Boston asks:
So, if I'm reading this right the Rockies might have three top 20 prospects? Wow.
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: As far as I can tell Stewart, Nelson and Francis are legit top 20 candidates. Someone else, however, makes up that list.

Tracy: Ryan Speier got 37 saves at AA in 2004. He is prospect-old at 26 and he is a sidearmer, which some scouts apparently see as trick pitching only. Does that mean that he is viewed as a middle reliever at best?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: It will be up to him. he's going to get a chance to close games. He has better velocity than most sidearmers.

Q:  albert from nyc, ny asks:
I was looking forward to seeing closer Jim Smith on the list. Obviously, I was disappointed to see he didnt make the top 10. Did he just miss the cut? And could you give me some background on him? A guy with his stats probably is intruiging to many. Thanks!!!
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: Don't know about Jim Smith. No one by that name in the system.

Q:  Ron Marshall from Bellingham, WA asks:
Do you think Jeff Francis gained enough confidence in his last three starts to challenge big league hitters more this yeaar?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: The results were impressive. There's no reason he should not be successful.

Q:  albert from nyc, ny asks:
I was looking forward to seeing closer Jim Miller on the list. Obviously, I was disappointed to see he didnt make the top 10. Did he just miss the cut? And could you give me some background on him? A guy with his stats probably is intruiging to many. Thanks!!!
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: He is in the second 10.

Q:  Kevin from Reston, VA asks:
Is there any reason to think that Colorado might start Stewart at AA, similar to what Tampa Bay did with BJ Upton, or is going to be spending some time in the Cal League?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: The inclidiantion would be start him at Modesto and move him in mid sesaon.

Q:  Josh from Cheyenne, WY asks:
Outside of JD Closser, who do you think is the organization's best catching propsect? I'm a little bit pessimistic about the hype surrounding Closser because I remember Ben Petrick.
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: Ianetta. I don't think the hype with Closser has been closed to Petrick. Powder River, Let `er Buck.

Q:  Mario from Ohio asks:
What is the realistic upside of Jeff Baker. Could he project to a consistent 300 25100 type of player.
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: If he stays health he could.

Q:  dave from kentucky asks:
Ryan Shealy has put up great numbers in minor leagues. Would the Rockies consider dealing Helton at some time if Shealy continues to develop or use Shealy as trade bait? What is his long term potential as a big leaguer?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: Shealy is the likely trade candidate.

Tracy: Chris Narveson came over from the Cardinals organization with scouting reports that sound like kissing ones sister: average stuff, throws strikes, competes well. Does that add up to a major league starting pitcher prospect? Thanks.
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: The reports were a bit better than that.

Will stealing bases be a part of Nelson's game if and when he reaches the majors? Are 2020 seasons out of the question for him?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: 20-20 is expected

Q:  Grace from Ohio asks:
If you had to bet the overunder on Brad Hawpe's production on the major league level for the Rockies this year on both 400 at bats and 20 home runs, which side would you take. Thank you.
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: Over

Q:  Eric B. from Washington asks:
Where would Tomas Santiago rank among the arms in the system. I hear he has a great arm. Thanks!
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: Great arm and close to one of the 15 best pitchers in the organization.

Q:  Shack from Wyoming asks:
There are only three pitchers in the top 10 prospects. That's kind of surprising because before the Rockies took Stewart in the first round of the 2003 draft, the Rockies had focused almost entirely on pitching. How is the state of the Rockies' pitching in the minors?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: The Rockies have quality arms, but right now the position players have an edge. They have really added potential impact bats.

Q:  Mike Marinaro from Tampa, FL asks:
Speaking of Choo Freeman, does he still have a chance? Matt Holliday was kind of stagnant in the minors until given a chance at Coors. He busted out in a big way at the major league level. Do you see Colorado given Choo the same chance in 2005?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: He has phsyical ability. He has work ethic. HE's the kind of guy who could flip a switch and suddenly arrive. His cousin, Torri Hunter, took seven years to get to the bigs

Q:  andy from tulsa asks:
zack parker---what happened? Will he be in tulsa for another year?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: Injuries have bothered Zack. Odds are he will return to Tulsa.

Q:  Bren from IBC, Boston asks:
What happened to jayson Nix? What was his season long slump all about?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: He is an overtryer.He needs to relax. This is the year we find out how good he can be.

Q:  Bertram from San Antonio asks:
Thanks for the chat! More offensive upside, Ian Stewart or Carlos Quentin?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: Ian Stewart

Q:  Rick from Interlochen , Mich asks:
Hi , If you had to choose... Delmon Young or Ian Stewart ?
 A: 

Tracy Ringolsby: Ian Stewart

Page Not Found - BaseballAmerica.com
The page you are looking for does not exist or has moved

Sorry, the page you're looking for is either like Sidd Finch and does not exist, or like Josh Hamilton and has moved. Where would you like to go instead?

BaseballAmerica.com Home

The latest news from our top sections:

Majors, Minors, Stats, Draft, College, High School, International or Viewpoint