|THROUGH THE YEARS IN BASEBALL AMERICA|
|• In a draft chat, Matthews said that Withrow is perhaps an underrated prospect who could wind up with either the Dodgers or the Phillies.|
• Withrow ranks eighth among Texas prospects.
• In our midseason update, Withrow ranked No. 36 on our list of High School Top 50 Prospects.
• Withrow's father pitched for the University of Texas, but Withrow committed to Baylor during the early signing period.
• When we ranked high school prospects in February, Withrow checked in at No. 55 on the list.
• In an early draft chat, Alan Matthews tabbed Withrow as someone whose stock could rise considerably during the college season.
|Withrow first boosted his stock last summer at the Texas Scout Association showcase, and he has continued to rise up draft boards this spring. He has a projectable 6-foot-3, 195-pound body and plenty of present velocity. He was reaching 93-94 mph as the draft approached and consistently pitching at 88-92 mph. He has a clean delivery, no surprise for someone whose father Mike pitched at Texas and reached Double-A in the White Sox system. Mike is also his pitching coach at Midland Christian High. Withrow doesn't always finish his curveball, but it's a promising pitch with bite and has improved this spring. He should get drafted high enough to pass up the opportunity to attend Baylor, but if he does go to college he'll be a two-way player. He has some hitting ability and the athleticism to play an outfield corner.|