2001 Draft Order
Following is the order of rotation in the draft, without regard to compensation for free-agent signings. Teams draft in reverse order of their 2000 finish, starting with the worst team in the American League and alternating by league. The draft is scheduled for June 5-7 and lasts 50 rounds.
Regular compensation for Type A/B free agents lost:
16. White Sox from Marlins (Charles Johnson/A). 17. Indians from Red Sox (Manny Ramirez/A). 18. Mets from Rockies (Mike Hampton/A). 19. Orioles from Yankees (Mike Mussina/A). 21. Giants from Indians (Ellis Burks/A). 23. Yankees from Mariners (Jeff Nelson/A). 24. Braves from Dodgers (Andy Ashby/A). 26. Athletics from Mets (Kevin Appier/A). 27. Indians from White Sox (Sandy Alomar/B).
48. Red Sox from Phillies (Rheal Cormier/B). 49. Mariners from Rangers (Alex Rodriguez/A). 51. Indians from Orioles (David Segui/A). 52. Braves from Pirates (Terry Mulholland/B). 62. Yankees from Rockies (Denny Neagle/A). 65. Tigers from Indians (Juan Gonzalez/A).
80. Mariners from Phillies (Jose Mesa/B). 81. Angels from Rangers (Mark Petkovsek/A).
Supplemental first-round selections for Type A free agents lost:
31. Orioles (Mussina). 32. Tigers (Gonzalez). 33. Angels (Petkovsek). 34. Yankees (Neagle). 35. Indians (Ramirez). 36. Mariners (Rodriguez). 37. Athletics (Appier). 38. Mets (Hampton). 39. White Sox (Johnson). 40. Braves (Ashby). 41. Giants (Burks). 42. Yankees (Nelson). 43. Indians (Segui).
Supplemental first-round selection for failure to sign 2000 first-round pick:
44. Rockies (Matt Harrington).
Supplemental second-round selections for Type C free agents lost:
75. Rockies (Julian Tavarez). 76. Mets (Bobby Jones).
Copyright 1998-2001 Baseball America. All rights reserved.|
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.