The following are a listing of the spring 2013 baseball book releases as compiled by Baseball America. Have a new release for early 2013 that’s not on the list? Email email@example.com with the details.
• AMERICA'S CLASSIC BALLPARKS (Thunder Bay Press, $34.95). Extensive look at six great ballparks, including Fenway Park and Yankee Stadium.
• Cleveland Indians Legends (Kent State, $29.95). By Russell Schneider. Coffee-table book filled with illustrations of Indians' greats.
• INSIDE THE BASEBALL HALL OF FAME (Simon & Schuster, $35). Photos of interesting artifacts in the Baseball Hall of Fame, many rarely displayed.
• INSTANT BASEBALL: THE BASEBALL INSTAGRAMS OF BRAD MANGIN (Cameron & Company, $18.95). Professional photographer documents 2012 season through his iPhone.
• MEXICAN AMERICAN BASEBALL IN ORANGE COUNTY (Arcadia Publishing, $21.99). Pictures tell story of town ball in Orange County.
• BARBED WIRE BASEBALL (Abrams Books, $18.95). By Marissa Moss, illustrated by Yuko Shimizu. True story of Kenichi Zenimura who brought baseball to World War II internment camps.
• BETSY'S DAY AT THE GAME (Scarletta Kids, $13.95). By Gregory Bancroft, illustrated by Katherine Blackmore. Betsy's grandpa takes her to the ballpark for the day.
• THE DOG THAT PITCHED A NO-HITTER (LB Kids, $3.99). Mike and his dog Harry team up on the diamond.
• WHO'S ON FIRST? (Quirk Books, $16.95). By Bud Abbott and Lou Costello, illustrated by John Martz. The classic routine is brought back to life in a new children's book.
• YOU NEVER HEARD OF WILLIE MAYS? (Random House, $17.99). By Jonah Winter and Terry Widener. The story of Mays told largely through excellent illustrations.
• BUTTERFLY WINTER (Steer Forth Press, $15.99). By W.P. Kinsella. Legendary baseball author's first book in 15 years tells story of a pair of precocious twins.
• 501 BASEBALL BOOKS FANS MUST READ BEFORE THEY DIE (University of Nebraska, $24.95). By Ron Kaplan. Detailed compendium of must-read baseball books.
• 2013 BASEBALL AMERICA DIRECTORY (Baseball America, $29.95). Edited by Baseball America's editors. Phone numbers, email addresses and listings for teams and officials throughout baseball.
• 2013 NATIONAL BASEBALL HALL OF FAME ALMANAC (Baseball America, $24.95) By editors of Baseball America. Updated for 2013 to include new inductees, bios and photos of everyone in Hall of Fame.
• AMAZING TALES FROM THE CLEVELAND INDIANS DUGOUT (Sport Publishing, $24.95). By Russell Schneider. Extensive history of Indians from the Bob Feller era to today.
• AMERICAN JEWS AND AMERICA'S GAME (University of Nebraska Press, $34.95). By Larry Ruttman. Life stories of Jewish Americans who have contributed to the game on and off the field.
• ANY GIVEN MONDAY (Scribner, $25). By James Andrews with Don Yaeger. Top sports orthopedic surgeon looks at how players and parents can prevent sports injuries.
• BALL, BAT AND BIBLE (Potomac Books, $24.95). By Charles DeMotte. Looking back at the debate over Sunday baseball in New York.
• BASEBALL AMERICA 2013 PROSPECT HANDBOOK (Baseball America, $32.95). The Editors of Baseball America. Rankings and scouting reports for more than 900 players.
• BASEBALL AS A ROAD TO GOD (Gotham Books, $27.50). By John Sexton. Professor looks at how baseball literature and actual moments can touch the spirit.
• BASEBALL'S ICONIC 1-0 GAMES (Scarecrow Press, $65). By Warren N. Wilbert. Pricey tome looks at the best 1-0 games of baseball history.
• BASEBALL'S MOST NOTORIOUS PERSONALITIES (Scarecrow Press, $45). By Jonathan Weeks. A look at some of the rogues who have played the game through the years.
• BASEBALL PROSPECTUS 2013 (Wiley, $24.95). Annual look at projections and analysis of players as well as team-by-team essays.
• THE BASEBALL TRUST ($29.95). A lawyer looks at how baseball carved out its unique anti-trust exemption and how it's maintained it.
• BLACK SOX IN THE COURTROOM (McFarland, $29.95). By William F. Lamb. In-depth look at the court proceedings surrounding the Black Sox scandal.
• COLOR BLIND (Atlantic Monthly Books, $25). In the 1930s, Bismarck, N.D. team brought together blacks and whites for a dominant semi-pro team.
• CLOSER (Running Press, $15). By Kevin Neary with Leigh A. Tobin. Big league closers share their thoughts on the pressure of pitching the ninth.
• CRACKING COLD CASES (McFarland, $29.95). By Peter Morris. Finding facts about 17 mystery major leaguers.
• DAMN YANKEES (Ecco, $15.99). Edited by Rob Fleder. Essays by 24 writers on the Yankees.
• FACING TED WILLIAMS (Sports Publishing, $24.95). Edited by Dave Heller. Players who faced Williams, both on the mound and in the field, describe the game's greatest hitter.
• GAME OF MY LIFE: ATLANTA BRAVES (Sports Publishing, $24.95). By Jack Wilkinson and Carroll Rogers. Braves stars recount their biggest highlights.
• GAME OF MY LIFE: CHICAGO WHITE SOX (Sports Publishing, $24.95). By Lew Freedman. White Sox stars recount their biggest highlights.
• GAME OF MY LIFE: CINCINNATI REDS (Sports Publishing, $24.95). By Lew Freedman. Reds stars recount their biggest highlights.
• GIANTS PAST AND PRESENT (MVP Books, $25). By Dan Fost. Updated look at Giants history now includes 2012 World Champs.
• HOW THE RED SOX EXPLAIN NEW ENGLAND (Triumph Books, $14.99). By Jon Chattman and Allie Tarantino. Book looks to explain how Red Sox mirror life in New England.
• KEEPERS OF THE GAME (Potomac Books, $29.95). By Dennis D'Agostino. Long-time baseball beat writers share their stories about covering the game.
• MR. WRIGLEY'S BALL CLUB (University of Nebraska Press, $34.95). By Roberts Ehrgott. Look back at the Cubs of the Roaring Twenties.
• THE PHILLIES EXPERIENCE (MVP Books, $35). By Tyler Kepner. New York Times baseball writer looks at Phillies year-by-year from 1883 to now.
• PLAYING WITH A PURPOSE (Barbour Books, $12.99). By Mike Yorkey. Big league stars talk about their faith.
• SO YOU THINK YOU KNOW BASEBALL? (W.W Norton & Company, $16.95). By Peter E. Meltzer. Book looks to explain each and every rule in the Official Baseball Rules.
• TRADING BASES. (Dutton Adult, $27.95). By Joe Peta. Ex-Wall Street Trader went to Vegas and beat the odds betting on baseball.
• NEVER. SAY. DIE: THE SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS (Cameron & Company, $29.95). By Brian Murphy and Brad Mangin. Picture book chronicles the Giants run to a title.
• SWINGING '73: BASEBALL'S WILDEST SEASON (Lyon Press, $16.95). By Matthew SIlverman. First year of the designated hitter was interesting for many reasons.
• THE SUMMER OF BEER AND WHISKEY (Public Affairs, $26.99). By Edward Achorn. Author of Fifty-Nine in '84 returns with look at when a brewer bought the Cardinals in 1883.
• THE VICTORY SEASON: THE END OF WORLD WAR II AND THE BIRTH OF BASEBALL'S GOLDEN AGE (Little, Brown and Company, $27.99). By Robert Weintraub. An in-depth look at the 1946 season when all the boys had come home from the war.
• BASEBALL AMERICA 2013 ALMANAC (Baseball America, $23.95). Chronicle of everything that happened in baseball in 2012 from big leagues to college and international ball.
• THE BILL JAMES HANDBOOK 2013 (ACTA Publications, $26.95). In-depth stats on everything that happened in baseball in 2013.
• 2013 BASEBALL FORECASTER (Triumph Books, $25.95). Edited by Ray Murphy and Brent Hershey. Predictions of players to get everyone ready for fantasy baseball.
• BASEBALL'S LAST GREAT SCOUT (University of Nebraska Press, $24.95). By Daniel L. Austin. Story of long-time scout and the players he signed in six decades around the game.
• THE BIRD (Thomas Dunne Books, $26.99). By Doug Wilson. Examining the amazing rise and just as quick fall of Mark Fidrych.
• FRANCONA, THE RED SOX YEARS (Houghton Mifflin Hardcourt, $28). By Terry Francona with Dan Shaughnessy. Long-time Red Sox's manager shares his thoughts on his time in Boston.
• HANK GREENBERG, THE HERO OF HEROES (New American Library, $26.95). New research spells out just how many hurdles the Tiger great had to overcome.
• HEART OF A TIGER (ECW Press, $18.99). By Herschel Cobb. Grandson of Ty Cobb, tells of growing up with the baseball great.
• LONG SHOT (Simon & Schuster, $27). By Mike Piazza with Lonnie Wheeler. One of the best catchers of all time explains the chip on his shoulder.
• MICKEY AND WILLIE (Crown archetype, $27). By Allen Barra. Looking at the two great center fielders' friendship.
• PITCHING FOR THE STARS (Texas Tech University Press, $18.95). By Jerry Craft and Kathleen Sullivan. Story of white pitcher who crossed color line to pitch in West Texas Colored League.
• PHENOM (Thomas Dunne Books, $16.99). By Rob Miech. The story of Bryce Harper's rise to big league success.
• PLAYING WITH PURPOSE (Barbour Books, $9.99). By Jesse Florea and Mike Yorkey. Look at Mariano Rivera, the game's greatest closer.
• THE POET (Potomac Books, $27.50). By Steven Travers. Life and writings of L.A. Times' columnist Jim Murray.
• TO STIR A MOVEMENT (Beacon Hill Press, $21.99). By Jeremy Affeldt. Big league pitcher discusses his passions and faith on and off the field.