The Mets have signed Kenny Hernandez, the No. 13 international prospect, for $1 million. Hernandez became eligible to sign yesterday, his 16th birthday.
At 6 feet, 160 pounds, Hernandez has a simple, low-maintenance swing from the left side with good bat speed and balance at the plate. He’s an offensive-oriented player who has showcased all around the infield, though most scouts seem to think he fits best at third base, which is where he’s expected to begin his career. Hernandez trained at the Carlos Guillen academy.
• Top 30 International Prospects List
• Top 30 International Prospect Scouting Reports
• Team-By-Team International Forecasts
• Where The Top 30 International Prospects Have Signed
• Team-By-Team International Signings Tracker