Venezuelan catcher Keivert Ruiz, who became eligible to sign today on his 16th birthday, has signed with the Dodgers for $140,000. Ruiz is 6 feet, 165 pounds with good catch-and-throw skills, showing an average arm with a clean transfer, along with good hands and footwork behind the plate. Ruiz is a switch-hitter who projects as more of a line-drive bat than a power threat. Ruiz trained with Henderson Martinez.
• Top 30 International Prospects List
• Top 30 International Prospect Scouting Reports
• Team-By-Team International Forecasts
• Where The Top 30 International Prospects Have Signed
• Team-By-Team International Signings Tracker