The Cubs have signed Dominican lefthander Wander Cabrera for $250,000. Cabrera is 6-foot-2, 190 pounds and has shown solid arm strength for a 16-year-old lefty, though his delivery and strike-throwing ability will need take a step forward. Cabrera trained with Amauris Nina (the same trainer who had Eloy Jimenez, Chicago’s $2.8 million signing last year) and played in the International Prospect League. Cabrera’s contract also includes $50,000 in college scholarship money, which doesn’t count against the Cubs’ bonus pool.
• Top 30 International Prospects List
• Top 30 International Prospect Scouting Reports
• Team-By-Team International Forecasts
• Where The Top 30 International Prospects Have Signed
• Team-By-Team International Signings Tracker