The Blue Jays have signed 16-year-old Mexican righthander Guadalupe Chavez from Quintana Roo of the Mexican League. Chavez is a former outfielder who has developed into one of the better young pitching prospects in Mexico. He’s a good athlete with a skinny 6-foot-2, 150-pound frame and already throws up to 93 mph while flashing an above-average changeup that’s ahead of his curveball, with good pitchability for his experience level.
Since the 2014-15 international signing period opened on July 2, the Blue Jays have also signed righthander Juan Meza (the No. 10 international prospect) and shortstop Kevin Vicuna (the No. 30 prospect), both of whom are from Venezuela.
• Top 30 International Prospects List
• Top 30 International Prospect Scouting Reports
• Team-By-Team International Forecasts
• Where The Top 30 International Prospects Have Signed
• Team-By-Team International Signings Tracker