The Blue Jays have signed 16-year-old Dominican shortstop Jesus Navarro for $200,000. Navarro is a righthanded hitter who has performed well in games with a line-drive stroke and occasional doubles power from his 5-foot-11, 165-pound frame. Navarro’s tools will benefit from additional strength but he stands out already for his high baseball IQ. His younger brother, Christopher Navarro, is a shortstop prospect for 2015. Navarro, who played in the International Prospect League, trained with “Aguila” and Nelson Montes de Oca.
• Top 30 International Prospects List
• Top 30 International Prospect Scouting Reports
• Team-By-Team International Forecasts
• Where The Top 30 International Prospects Have Signed
• Team-By-Team International Signings Tracker