Dominican shortstop Dermis Garcia, the No. 9 international prospect for July 2, has signed with the Yankees.
Garcia, 16, has the best raw power in Latin America, generating huge loft from the right side and putting on a show in batting practice, though several scouts believe his game hitting will need time to catch up. At 6-foot-2, 185 pounds, Garcia has a plus arm and will likely fit at third base or right field. He trained with Moreno Tejada.
• Top 30 International Prospects List
• Top 30 International Prospect Scouting Reports
• Team-By-Team International Forecasts
• Where The Top 30 International Prospects Have Signed
• Team-By-Team International Signings Tracker