Arkansas has a top-heavy draft class that drops off fast after the top pitchers for the Razorbacks, and the state’s flagship university has the six top draft prospects.
|THIS YEAR’S CROP|
|*****||One for the books|
|***||Solid, not spectacular|
|**||Not up to par|
|*||Nothing to see here|
|Rating compares this year’s group to what a state typically produces, not to other states|
The state’s other colleges don’t have their usual solid draft contributors, and the high school class in the state is full of solid players with strong college commitments, but lacking in players ready to go out to pro ball.
That said, the Razorbacks do offer probable first-rounder Ryne Stanek, who finished strong as usual, and Central Arkansas had a strong season behind outfielder Forrestt Allday, who lacks average tools but has excellent hitting skills. UCA also has strike-throwing Caleb McClanahan, and the duo helped lead the Bears to their first Division I regional appearance.
|NATIONAL TOP 500 PROSPECTS|
|BA 500 Scouting Reports|
1. Ryne Stanek, rhp, Arkansas (National Rank: 13)
2. Colby Suggs, rhp, Arkansas (National Rank: 97)
3. Barrett Astin, rhp, Arkansas (National Rank: 126)
4. Randall Fant, lhp, Arkansas (National Rank: 468)
|OTHER PROSPECTS OF NOTE|
5. Brandon Moore, rhp, Arkansas
6. Dominic Ficociello, 1b/2b/3b, Arkansas
7. Forrestt Allday, of, Central Arkansas
8. Jamie Baune, rhp, Southern Arkansas
9. Bradley Wallace, rhp, Arkansas State
10. Corey Campbell, of, Pottsville (Ark.) HS
11. Lemuel Wallace, of, Pulaski Academy, Little Rock, Ark.
12. Jacob Wise, c, Arkansas
13. Caleb McClanahan, rhp, Central Arkansas
14. Trent Daniel, lhp, Arkansas
15. Ryan Emery, of, Arkansas State