Top 25 Showdowns:
(1) Florida at (16) Mississippi: The Gators erased a 3-2 deficit with six runs in the eighth, highlighted by Vickash Ramjit's three-run homer, as the Gators evened the series with a 9-4 win.
• (2) Stanford at (8) Arizona: Konner Wade (9 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 7 K) went the distance in Arizona's 4-2 win, clinching the series. The Wildcats out-hit the Cardinal 10-3 to hand Stanford its first series loss of the season. Three Stanford errors resulted in three unearned runs against Brett Mooneyham (7.1 IP, 9 H, 4 R, 1 ER, 4 BB, 7 K).
• (3) Arkansas at (15) Louisiana State: Ty Ross' walk-off RBI single gave LSU a 2-1 win, clinching the series for the Tigers. Arkansas' Ryne Stanek (7 IP, 6 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 10 K) and LSU's Ryan Eades (7.1 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 10 K) earned no-decisions in a fine pitcher's duel.
• (10) Kentucky at (25) Georgia: The Wildcats and Bulldogs split a doubleheader in Athens, with the rubber game scheduled for Sunday. Georgia led 6-0 until Kentucky rallied for six runs in the seventh in the opener, but the Bulldogs answered with a run in the bottom of the frame on Brett DeLoach's RBI double. Michael Williams (3-for-5, 4 RBI) led Kentucky's 14-hit attack in the second game.
• (14) Arizona State at (23) Oregon: The Ducks swept a doubleheader, 1-0 and 3-1, to take the big series after dropping a pair of midweek games at Texas State. Alex Keudell (9 IP, 4 H, 0 R) pitched the first complete-game shutout of his career to outduel Brady Rodgers (8 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 3 K) in the opener, as Aaron Jones hit a game-winning solo homer in the sixth inning. Jake Reed (7.1 IP, 5 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 4 K) bested Trevor Williams (7 IP, 6 H, 3 ER, 1 BB, 4 K) in the nightcap, as Kyle Garlick homered twice for Oregon.
Top 25 Upsets
• Missouri at (7) Texas A&M: Blake Holovach (6.1 IP, 6 H, 3 ER) and Jeff Emens (2.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R) kept the Aggies at bay in a 4-3 win, leveling the series.
• Southern Mississippi at (9) Rice: Redshirt freshman RHP Jake Drehoff (8.2 IP, 0 H, 1 ER) improved to 4-0 in USM's 2-1 win at Rice, leveling the series at 1-1. Chase Fowler's RBI single in the third proved decisive.
• (11) South Carolina at Vanderbilt: Eleven Commodores recorded hits in support of Tyler Beede (6 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 7 K), as Vandy evened the series with a 12-4 win.
• (12) Miami at Clemson: Richie Shaffer's two-run double down the right-field line broke a 1-1 tie in the seventh, propelling Clemson to a 3-1 victory and a series win against Miami. Dominic Leone (7 IP, 6 H, 1 ER, 3 BB, 6 K) out-dueled Erich Whaley (6.2 IP, 8 H, 3 R, 2 ER).
• California vs. (18) Texas in Round Rock, Texas: Chadd Krist (3-for-5, 3 R, 5 RBI, 2B, HR) led Cal's 17-hit attack behind Matt Flemer (8 IP, 8 H, 2 ER), as Cal blew out Texas 12-2 to even the series.
• Virginia at (20) North Carolina State: Branden Kline (6 IP, 3 H, 2 ER, 2, BB, 10 K) and Carlos Rodon (6.2 IP, 4 H, 2 ER, 0 BB, 12 K) were strong in no-decisions, and Virginia overcame a 2-0 deficit with five runs in the final three frames to win 5-2, leveling the series.
• Washington at (22) Oregon State: The Huskies and Beavers split a doubleheader in Corvallis. The Huskies broke a 1-1 tie with two runs in the top of the 10th in the opener and held on for the win. Nine Beavers recorded hits in support of Dan Child (8 IP, 6 H, 0 R, 3 BB, 4 K) in the second game.
Comments will be monitored prior to being added to the site. Comments that include profanity or personal attacks or other inappropriate comments or material will be rejected. Additionally, entries that are unsigned or contain "signatures" by someone other than the actual author will be removed.
We have chosen to open up commenting to everyone, so comment away! We want to hear from each and every one of you! Leave a comment.
About This Blog
Syndicate This Blog
Search This Blog