From the NCAA staff:
• Monday's tripleheader will be the first at a College World Series since June 2, 1980.
• Oklahoma has 102 home runs, most of any 2010 CWS team and the most since the Sooners hit 114 in 1998, the last year of the old minus-five bat standard. OU has 12 home runs in seven NCAA tournament games and has hit 20 homers in the eighth inning or later this season.
• Sooners closer Ryan Duke tied the program's career saves mark with his 28th save. Jeff Bajenaru also saved 28 games in 1999-2000. Thanks in large part to Duke, OU is 40-0 when leading after eight innings in 2010 and 74-1 the last two seasons.
• South Carolina now has lost its last seven CWS openers, with its last victory coming in 1977. The Gamecocks did end a 46-inning scoreless streak in CWS openers, though, with Christian Walker's second-inning home run. They had been shut out in CWS openers in 1985, 2002, 2003 and 2004.
• South Carolina's loss was its first of the NCAA tournament, leaving Arizona State as the only undefeated team left in the postseason.
Comments will be monitored prior to being added to the site. Comments that include profanity or personal attacks or other inappropriate comments or material will be rejected. Additionally, entries that are unsigned or contain "signatures" by someone other than the actual author will be removed.
We have chosen to open up commenting to everyone, so comment away! We want to hear from each and every one of you! Leave a comment.
About This Blog
Syndicate This Blog
Search This Blog