Showdown of the day:
No. 14 Coastal Carolina beat No. 16 Clemson 4-3—the first win for the Chanticleers against the Tigers since 2005, and the first win at Clemson since 2003. Coastal trailed 3-0 after four innings but rallied to tie the game with single runs in the fifth, seventh and eighth, then won it on Rico Noel's solo homer in the 11th.
• Western Kentucky over Kentucky, 6-3
• UNC Wilmington over East Carolina, 15-13
• Florida Gulf Coast over Oklahoma State, 10-7
Upset of the day:
Kennesaw State earned its third-ever win against No. 3 Georgia Tech, 7-4. With the score tied 3-3 in the seventh, a throwing error by Tech catcher Matt Skole helped key a five-run inning for the Owls. Starter Zak Griffith (6.2 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 2 ER) was solid in a no-decision for Kennesaw.
• Alabama-Birmingham over Alabama, 6-4
• Troy ove Auburn, 5-4
Hitter of the day:
North Carolina Sr. SS Ryan Graepel: 3-for-5, 2 R, 6 RBI, 2B, HR in 17-6 win vs. Richmond
• Virginia Tech Jr. OF/1B Austin Wates: 3-for-5, 2 R, 5 RBI, 2B, HR in 14-3 win vs. East Tennessee State
• Virginia Jr. OF Jarrett Parker: 3-for-4, 5 RBI, 2B, HR in 17-4 win vs. Towson
• Virginia So. 3B Steven Proscia: 2-for-6, 3 R, 4 RBI, 2 3B vs. Towson
• East Carolina Sr. OF Devin Harris: 3-for-5, 5 RBI, 2B, HR in 15-13 loss vs. UNC Wilmington
• North Carolina State Sr. OF Kyle Wilson: 2-for-4, 3 RBI, 2 HR in 7-3 win vs. Old Dominion
Pitcher of the day:
Iowa Sr. LHP Zach Robertson: 7 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 10 K in 6-5 win vs. South Dakota State
Comments will be monitored prior to being added to the site. Comments that include profanity or personal attacks or other inappropriate comments or material will be rejected. Additionally, entries that are unsigned or contain "signatures" by someone other than the actual author will be removed.
We have chosen to open up commenting to everyone, so comment away! We want to hear from each and every one of you! Leave a comment.
About This Blog
Syndicate This Blog
Search This Blog