Last call for your Mitchell Report Drafts. Is there a consensus No. 1? Obviously the Met’s clubbie list is the biggest gossip to make headlines since the D.C. Madam went public, but here is some other baseball news making headlines:
• Low Class A Quad Cities reaches a $185,000 stadium naming rights deal with Modern Woodmen, a local fraternal financial services organization. Yet to many fans of the soon-to-be-renamed Swing, the ballpark will always be the JOD.
• Peoria and the Cubs extend their relationship through 2012, but will Rhino be back at the helm in 2008?
• After failing to convince voters to renovate Ed Smith Stadium in Sarasota, the Reds give director of Florida operations Jeff Maultsby his walking papers — a week after the Winter Meetings.
• Lehigh Valley names its first manager: Dave Huppert, who guided low Class A Lakewood and high Class A Clearwater to league titles the past two years.
• Texas Collegiate League is on the verge of adding a fifth team, perhaps in time for the 2008 season.
Comments will be monitored prior to being added to the site. Comments that include profanity or personal attacks or other inappropriate comments or material will be rejected. Additionally, entries that are unsigned or contain "signatures" by someone other than the actual author will be removed.
We have chosen to open up commenting to everyone, so comment away! We want to hear from each and every one of you! Leave a comment.
About This Blog
Syndicate This Blog
Search This Blog