Stories Making Headlines Around Baseball
• International League team owners approve the sale of Scranton/Wilkes-Barre to a private ownership group headed by Mandalay and the Yankeesâ€”the first of three steps to complete the sale. Two Lackawanna County board members called for a reconsideration of the purchase after the recent Harrisburg sale, which was completed for just $250,000 more than the proposed deal.
• Trenton draws a team-record 9,134 spectators for Clemens’ appearance last night. Meanwhile, a pair of former players in attendance could recollect what it’s like to face The Rocket and the national media was out in force for the event.
• Philly Inquirer beat writer Jim Salisbury looks at the convergence of baseball greats in New Jersey last night: Ryan Howard in Lakewood, Roger Clemens in Trenton.
• By me some peanuts and Tastykakes? That’s right, Tastykake signed a partnership with 17 minor league teams that will include ballpark signage, PA announcements and product sales.
• Twins GM Terry Ryan is spotted in Fort Myers checking out the Miracle.
• The independent Southern Maryland Blue Crabs received approval from Charles County commissioners to build a $25.6 million stadium.
• To find one of the great baseball events, head to Grand Junction for the Junior College World Series.
• Independent Nashua (Can-Am) hopes to draw a Dice-K-like buzz with a pair of Japanese players.
Comments will be monitored prior to being added to the site. Comments that include profanity or personal attacks or other inappropriate comments or material will be rejected. Additionally, entries that are unsigned or contain "signatures" by someone other than the actual author will be removed.
We have chosen to open up commenting to everyone, so comment away! We want to hear from each and every one of you! Leave a comment.
About This Blog
Syndicate This Blog
Search This Blog